Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Southern Californian Living.

Good afternoon my darlings, today I decided to write about my little mini vacation to lake Arrowhead for the 4th of July. Growing up in the high desert you don't experience much of the glamorous side of living in Socal, or so you think. People from other places tend to think if you live in Southern California you automatically live next to movie stars, have an expensive lifestyle, and go to the beach everyday. Of course that is not so black and white but lately I've been noticing how truly lucky I am to have grown up in Cali. I get to go to the Happiest place on Earth way more than I should, I am able to take day trips to the beach, mountains, valley's, and major cities, and am closer to the rich and famous than I truly realize. I guess you can say I just recently had this epiphany when my family and I went to visit my grandparents in their mountain home in Lake Arrowhead. It was such a fun and relaxing time being around all that green and watching all the boats float by in the lake... that is 100% different than what I see everyday in the Desert. Arrowhead every year gets into the spirit of the Holiday and flies overhead WWII planes and has a great fireworks show which we were lucky enough to see right off of my grandparents deck.



There was also the cutest wildlife right inside their home...


And the greatest entertainment known to man...

And models and tech millionaires sitting right on the same deck.... 



And a sassy loud mouth actress who believes she was born in the wrong era...





The following day we went out onto the lake itself to go for a little boating trip on my grandparents boat, I didn't realize how much fun it could be...





There were amazing views that day...





I guess what I am trying to say is rethink the way you look at your surroundings because you may end up living the ultimate Californian dream. 

Till next time my Darlings,

Paige Virginia

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I absolutely adore your lovely ensemble. Pale blue + dark, almost vampy red is such a strikingly fantastic colour combo. I want a skirt and top in the same hues now so that I can follow your lead. I have a light blue 50s wiggle skirt and a burgundy cardigan, perhaps I could reverse the order of the colours and give that a spin the moment long sleeves are needed next. :)

    Big hugs & many thanks for your wonderfully nice comment on yesterday's post,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete